Thread: Will The World End This Year?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Tribal Karma

Icon 3 Will The World End This Year?

Just for YOU from Tribal Staff:

In every year of the calendar, for ages and ages, up to and including this year, there have been religious persons convinced that the end of the world is coming soon. People in numerous religions have held this view. But the end never comes. Believing in an imminent end of the world begs for interpretation. […]

More...

Freelance Curmudgeon Ananta Androscoggin's Avatar
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Tribal Karma
    Disagreeing with and ignoring facts. Whether because of stupidity, hubris, or ideological "purity," this is one of the most common of the traits shared by Darwin Award winners all over the world.

Unfortunately, #45's so-called administration is poised to take the entire world into Eternity along with it's own winning of a Darwin Award.
    Blesssings, both Bright and Dark,
    Ananta Androscoggin

= = = = = = = = = = = = =
    the Groves of the Greene Man's Denne
    Greene, Maine
    non-sectarian worship space for Pagan, Neopagan, and Paleopagan individuals or groups

Tribal Spirtual Elder
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Tribal Karma
    ditto.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Tribal Karma
    The New Year begins on my birthday, and the year I die will be the end of the world.....for me. I found this part interesting and these themes have been explored in William Morrow's fictional books:

Keep in mind that the end of the world idea is a literary invention. Gifted ancient writers—using numerous literary devices like verisimilitude, allegory, image, hyperbole, metaphor, and symbol—dreamed it up.

As with so many other opinions emerging from a misunderstanding of religious literature, end of the world belief is yet another instance of readers lacking literary sophistication, because the end of the world in religious literature is not really about the end of the world at all.

In religious literature, stories about the beginning of the world—etiology—are not really about the actual beginning of the world. Stories about the end of the world—eschatology—are not really about the actual end of the world.